Please note - all orders for our trip to Wembley needed to be placed by 2pm on 25/05/22. We will ship all postage orders next day delivery to arrive Friday 27/05/22. Thank you for your support.
Port Vale Football Club
When PVFC collects data from you we act as Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (Data Protection Laws).
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes [first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data includes [billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Financial Data includes [bank account and payment card details].
- Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us].
- Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Profile Data includes [your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses].
- Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services].
- Marketing and Communications Data includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
If you fail to provide personal data
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you: apply for our products or services; create an account on our website; subscribe to our service or publications; request marketing to be sent to you; enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our cookie section set out below for further details.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances: Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your own interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Consent, where we wish to send you marketing communications we think you may be interested in. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one legal basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one basis has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Legal basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:||(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us (a) Identity
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)|
|(a) To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Consent to marketing communications
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security and to prevent fraud)|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Consent to marketing communications
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity
(f) Marketing and Communications
|Consent to marketing communications|
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have opted-in to receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required and permitted by law.
DATA TRANSFER OUTSIDE THE EEA
We will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or UK where:
- You have given your explicit consent; or
- It is necessary for us to fulfil a contract you have entered into with us; or
- To comply with a legal duty or obligation.
- and if we do transfer your personal data out of the EEA or UK, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by following safeguards set out in the Data Protection Laws.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Your legal rights
You have legal rights under Data Protection Laws in relation to your personal data including, in certain circumstances, right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restriction, right to data portability and right to object.
To exercise any of your legal rights or for further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.